Polar Thermal Packaging is the leading UK manufacturer of Thermal Shippers. The term ‘Thermal Shipper’ is now coming into everyday use to describe a packaging solution designed to maintain the temperature of its contents within a specified range.
Polar Thermal Packaging Thermal Shippers range from single dose pharmaceuticals through pallet loads to multi-tonne loads for air cargo.
Thermal Shippers’ performance is determined by the combination or matrix of insulating materials and complementary coolant or phase change materials.
- Protect and safely transport critical, volatile and valuable temperature-sensitive materials with a full range of containers of incremental sizes, duration and temperature requirements – from 1 to 1,200 litres.
- UK Manufactured in factory approved by Ministry of Defence and National Health Service.
- Unique, protected design features ensure enhanced performance and safety.
- Modular design allows for scalability.
- PolarTherm™ thermal material produced using 80% recycled plastic, fabrics use thread made from recycled materials where possible – all systems designed as would be expected by ISO14001 company.
- Reusable systems suitable for global closed loop reverse logistics services.
Pfizer Thermal Shipper
Polar Thermal manufactures a full range of bulk vaccine transport systems as well as smaller vaccine delivery bags. These systems combine to provide a full solution as has been used in Pfizer Clinical Trials. The Pfizer Thermal Shipper can maintain temperatures for 5 days, and as a result ensured no product loss through the trial involving more than 80,000 people.
Another example of a thermal shipper is the Blood Range. These systems are in daily use by organisations such as NHS Blood & Transport. NHS BT use our Blood Transport Bags and Plasma and Platelet Transport Bags for all critical collections and movements.
A Typical thermal shipper will be made from a sandwich of thermal materials and may contain anti-fungal and wicking elements.
A Thermal Shipper will often use coolants or phase change materials (PCMs) to maintain the temperature. Variants include vaccine transport, blood transport, food delivery and pharmaceutical transport.